DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Thank you for your interest in serving as Vice President at I Will Survive, Inc. (IWS). In order to participate, individuals need to fit the following criteria:
- Must be a Georgia resident living in the Greater Atlanta metropolitan area (Butts, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dekalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding, and Rockdale.) Preferably Fulton or Dekalb for convenience!
- Must have full time employer with health insurance, can be waived
- Must be passionate about serving in disadvantaged communities
- Must be able to serve a minimal term of service (one year)
- Must commit to 90-100 hours annually
Job Description for VP of the Board
I Will Survive, Inc.(IWS) is looking for an experienced problem-solver to join our Leadership Team as the Vice President of the Board of Directors.
The Vice President (VP) assumes the role and duties of the Executive Director (ED) of the board if the ED is no longer able to continue. The VP assists in carrying out the functions of that office and performs specific duties as delegated to him/her. The VP works in conjunction with other members of the executive committee and staff to evaluate the performance of the board of directors and committees.
The Vice President of the board works to ensure the Board of Directors adheres to the goals and objectives of the strategic and organizational plans. The Vice President is not in charge of the day-to-day management and operations of the organization.
Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
This position is based out of the IWSheadquarters and in Doraville, GA and reports directly to the Executive Director. The service commitment preferred is no less than 2 years.
- Experienced Operator:Should be "significantly involved" in the operations of a facility; must spend at least 50% of your time in the operation of a facility.
- Consensus Building:Promote cooperation, collaboration, and partnerships between individuals or groups, both inside and outside the organization.
- Strategic Leadership:Maintain an environment in line with the organization’s values; gains others’ support, commitment, or action toward the organization’s goals.
- Strategic Thinking:Have long-term view of an organization’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as external trends/risks to assess positioning and make decisions that maximize performance.
- Communication Skills:Communicate effectively, persuasively and appropriately in oral and written form, by understanding the audience’s needs subject matter content and urgency, and assorted media with which to share information
- Ethics and Transparency:Understand and uphold the highest degree of ethical standards and maintain the integrity of the organization.
- Analytical Thinking:See the "big picture" in complex situations; makes decisions in situations of uncertainty or risk.
- Visionary strategic thinking:Formulate a future vision for IWS and describe a strategy to achieve it.
- Experience assisting in transformational change driven by strategic issues:Understand, deliberate, and describe the benefits and challenges associated with a potential transformational change for a fast-paced organization; has held a leadership role in at least one significant strategically driven change in an organization; and has the ability to contribute to the identification and management of the consequences of such transformations.
- Willingness and experience to serve others:Passion and energy to understand and respond to the needs of others in an open, honest, humble, and altruistic manner.
- Experience and appreciation of working in a collaborative way with people having diverse backgrounds and viewpoints:Exhibit a spirit of inquiry by seeking, understanding, and valuing multiple viewpoints so that all issues are considered in the decision-making process; is willing to represent and accept accountability for group decisions with "one voice."
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements:Appreciate and understand the role of the Board in regard to the proper caretaking/stewardship of the organization.
- Serve as an advocate for IWSand the industry:Use a network of contacts in one or more stakeholder communities relevant to the industry served by IWS; willing and able to access the network in a selective and respectful way in order to serve as an advocate for IWSand the industry.
- Serve as an ambassador for IWS and the Health Advocacy Industry:Capability and experience to speak in front of small and large groups using both self-prepared and externally-prepared material; and possesses an appropriate demeanor when serving in public.
OTHER BOARD MEMBER OPPORTUNITIES ALSO OPEN
5879 New Peachtree Rd.Suite DAtlanta, GA 30340
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- Orientation or Training
- 90-100 hours