We are looking for an individual that believes in a hand up not a hand out approach to helping others. We serve Veterans, at risk youth, the working poor, sick and elderly.
We are looking for volunteers that can help with the following goals:
1) Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching.
2) Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
3) Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
4) Develop and maintain media contact lists.
5) Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
6) Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events.
7) Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
8) Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
9) Prepare materials for charitable events, such as fundraising envelopes, bid sheets, or gift bags.
10) Create or update donor databases.
11) Establish fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods.
12) Explain the tax advantages of contributions to potential donors.
13) Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
14) Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for fundraising organizations.
15) Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
16) Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
17) Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events.
18) Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
19) Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
20) Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
21) Plan and direct special events for fundraising, such as silent auctions, dances, golf events, or walks.
22) Solicit cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business, or government donors.
23) Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions, or goals of organizations seeking funds.
24) Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
25) Coordinate transportation or delivery of materials, supplies, or donations for fundraising events.
26) Secure speakers for charitable events, community meetings, or conferences to increase awareness of charitable, nonprofit, or political causes.
27) Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Relationship Building
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- At least 2 hours per week
- Weekly updates at our organizational meeting; please list your phone number