The Mobile Food Distribution Coordinator is a regular volunteer who is willing to be responsible for organizing and overseeing all operations for the monthly mobile food distribution at the designated site. This positions requires a person with leadership, operations and event planning skills to ensure all aspects of each food distribution is executed flawlessly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for organizing the monthly Mobile Food Distribution (MFD) for Soldiers’ Angels at the designated event site.
- Responsible for recruiting and overseeing all volunteers who are supporting each monthly mobile food distribution.
- Build registration, waitlist and volunteer registration forms for each event using Formstack.
- Update and distribute event materials to VA contacts, businesses and organizations.
- Build and utilize iContact to distribute registration information for clients and volunteers.
- Assist the VA Representative with soliciting donors to sponsor mobile food distributions.
- Serve as liaison with VA Site Coordinator or VA Representative on MFD event-related matters.
- Conduct After-Action Review of MFD to include sharing stories, pictures, quotes and event statistics with VA Representative or VA Site Coordinator.
- Maintain positive Social Media presence during events to include posting pictures and captions as they happen.
- The MFD coordinator should have a love for VA special event management, be an enthusiastic, and be able to build relationships with internal and external volunteers and service providers.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Highly organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse variety of individuals.
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Database Administration
- People Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per month
- Database experience, patient & friendly, able to meet deadlines