Ratna Ling Retreat Center is an intentional community located in the beautiful coastal redwoods of Northern California. Grounded in the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism, Ratna Ling offers residential volunteers the opportunity for self-exploration and growth while living and working in a community setting. As a non-profit organization, its larger purpose and mission is to support the preservation of the Tibetan Buddhist culture. We are located in the beautiful coastal redwoods of Sonoma County in Northern California. This 6-month residential volunteer opportunity allows your skills and enthusiasm to flourish. No religious affiliation necessary. Couples are free to apply.
The right person for this job is friendly, well organized, and team-oriented. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing booking inquiries and reservations.
- Assume an active role in guest services including greeting, checking in/out guests and following up with guests during their stay.
- Working closely with kitchen staff, housekeeping and on-site teachers to ensure guests have a fantastic, personalized experience.
- Managing multiple weekly schedules for cleaning and classes
- Providing volunteer recruitment support, as necessary
-Copywriting tasks for blog, website and social media
As a Ratna Ling Volunteer you will receive:
- Living allowance of $150 per month.
- Housing in modern cabins (2 person occupancy) with a private bath, outdoor deck and gas fireplace.
- Free laundry facilities, WI-FI and domestic phone calls.
- Delicious vegetarian meals prepared six days per week
- Evening classes covering a variety of Buddhist studies
- Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
- Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
-The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships.
As part of our program, volunteers have the opportunity to participate in classes related to Buddhist practice and study in the areas of Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Kum Nye (a style of Tibetan yogic practices), Buddhist history and philosophy, Meditation and more. Some classes are guided, while others are considered self-study with materials available.
We are seeking people who have a sincere interest in Buddhism and exploring work as a path to inner freedom. Our weekly schedule is rigorous (6 days a week) and rewarding!
Visit our website at volunteer.ratnaling.org for more information and to find our application. You can also find us on Facebook at Ratna Ling Volunteer.
Submit application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum 6 months