Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Ratna Ling (Tibetan for "Jewel Place") is a non-profit retreat center and intentional community grounded in Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Supported by a spiritual community of like-minded people dedicated to service to humanity, this year-round residential work-study opportunity allows your skills and enthusiasm to flourish. Seeking those with a sincere interest and a strong work ethic. Volunteers study and practice Skillful Means as a practical guide for turning work into "work practice"; using work as an opportunity to train our minds and gain deeper insights.
Tarthang Tulku founded the Ratna Ling Retreat Center in 2004 to serve as an intentional and spiritual community of teachers, students and resident volunteers committed to practicing spirituality in everyday life.
Ratna Ling Retreat Center works to support our sister organizations: Yeshe De and Dharma Publishing whose projects and activities work to preserve the Tibetan Buddhist culture and transmit the teachings to the modern western world.
The Ratna Ling Retreat Center in the redwood coastal hills of Sonoma County in Northern California may be the perfect match for you. Live and thrive in a truly unique environment where personal inquiry, cooperation and spiritual exploration are supported and encouraged. Enjoy rewarding work and a healthy lifestyle in a country environment while participating in an integrated program of learning.
You will receive:
• Housing in cozy, modern cabins with a private bath, outdoor deck, gas fireplace. 2-3 people per cabin.
• Free laundry facilities, WI-FI and domestic phone calls.
• Delicious vegetarian meals, tea and coffee.
• Monthly living allowance of $150 per month.
• Free evening classes in a variety of Buddhist studies, applicable to everyday life: Meditation, Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Buddhist history and philosophy, and Kum Nye (a style of Tibetan yogic practices).
• Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
• Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
• The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships.