Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Ratna Ling, a non-profit intentional community in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, is dedicated to serving the welfare of others and cultivating work as a means to self-knowledge through a wide variety of projects both local and global. Our faculty and staff consist entirely of full-time resident volunteers who work for one of three on-site organizations: Ratna Ling Retreat Center Dharma Publishing Yeshe De Text Preservation project We live and work in the redwood coastal hills of Sonoma County, CA. This year-round residential volunteer opportunity combines meaningful work with opportunities for self-growth. No religious affiliation is required to volunteer although we are seeking those with a sincere interest in Buddhism and a strong work ethic. The initial commitment to this program is 6 months to 1 year with a 4-week trial period. For those who find our community and lifestyle, a good fit longer-term commitments are possible.
The Ratna Ling Retreat Center in the redwood coastal hills of Sonoma County in Northern California may be the perfect match for you. Live and thrive in a truly unique environment where personal inquiry, cooperation, and spiritual exploration are supported and encouraged. Enjoy rewarding work and a healthy lifestyle in a country environment while participating in an integrated program of learning.
You will receive:
* Housing in cozy, modern cabins with a private bath, outdoor deck, gas fireplace. 2-3 people per cabin.
* Free laundry facilities, WI-FI, and domestic phone calls.
* Delicious vegetarian meals, tea, and coffee.
* Monthly living allowance of $150 per month.
* Free evening classes in a variety of Buddhist studies, applicable to everyday life: Meditation, Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Buddhist history and philosophy, and Kum Nye (a style of Tibetan yogic practices).
* Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
* Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
* The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships.
Please check out our website for more details www.volunteer.ratnaling.org