68 people are interested
Doggie Day Out
Please visit the new page to apply.
68 people are interested
By taking a dog out of the Adoption Center for just a few hours, you’ll provide them mental stimulation from new experiences and meeting new people as well as help them exert pent up energy! Another added bonus is that people who wouldn’t normally come down to the adoption center may meet their new furry friend through this program! You do not need to be a Paws4ever volunteer to participate in this program, but you will need to meet program qualifications and follow the guidelines below.
Participants in this program must be at least 18 years of age or older
Participants must have a valid drivers license.
Participants must have valid auto insurance.
Dogs must be spayed or neutered and be up to date on all applicable vaccines.
Prior to Taking a Dog Out:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to participate in a Doggie Day Out. We ask that you try to give at least 72 hours notice so that arrangements can be made.
The email request should include:
- The date(s) you are interested in taking a dog out. Typically, participants take a dog out and bring them back the same day, however, if you are interested in keeping a dog overnight this can be an option depending on what other people/animals you have at your home.
- The time you are hoping to pick up and drop off the dog. Typically, we prefer pick-up and drop off between 9:00AM and 4:30PM.
- Do you have any limitations to which dog you'd be willing to take (for example, size or a level of pulleyness on leash that you are comfortable with)? As a note, most of the dogs that we have are medium or large and although they may not pull consistently, they may pull if they see another dog/squirrel/or other exciting stimuli. We have small dogs sometimes, but since they tend to go more quickly than the larger ones, we may not always have them available for this program.
- If there are certain places they are hoping to take the dog. Typical suggested outings include:
- Taking the dog on a walk around a quiet neighborhood, town, or trail
- Taking the dog through a drive through (e.g. Starbucks for a pup cup)
- Lunch at a pet friendly restaurant
- Snuggling at home while watching a movie (note: this may not be appropriate if you have small children and/or other pets in your home)
Additional guidelines and agreement can be found at https://paws4ever.org/get-involved/dog-day-out/.
Our Adoption Center Location:
6311 Nicks Road
Mebane, NC 27302
6311 Nicks Road, Mebane, NC 27302, US
Paws4ever is dedicated to creating and growing lifetime relationships between pets and people through adoption, training, education & care.
Paws4ever is an animal welfare organization offering a range of services to support pets and people in our community throughout their lifetimes. Our Adoption Center rescues cats and dogs from our local county shelters and provides them with quality care in our Adoption Center for as long as it takes to find their forever homes. Our Dog Training Program offers a variety of accessible private lessons and group classes using positive and effective methods. Paws4ever’s services also include our Legacy Care Program, which provides a loving home for members’ pets when their owners are no longer able to provide care, a members-only Dog Park and Nature Trail, facility rentals, and a ReSale Store.
6311 Nicks RoadMebane, NC 27302
February 15, 2024
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Participants must have valid auto insurance.