Positive Parenting Workshop Instructor
2 people are interested
Volunteer to teach a Positive Parenting workshop today!
Volunteers needed at our Garden Street Family Shelter to teach free Positive Parenting classes to the parents at our shelter. Volunteers will teach individuals the basics of Positive Parenting such as, balancing work and family, effective parent-child communication, positive reinforcement, teaching children self-control, and resolving conflict. Volunteers are only asked to host two classes per year. Classes will be held on weekdays only, either from 9a.m. to 10.30 a m. or 6p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
* Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position
* Prepare each workshop’s outline
* Provide group and individual instruction sessions
* Assess participant’s areas for development and provide one on one tutoring
Sign-up to volunteer today at:
We'll work with your schedule.
2794 Garden StreetOakland, CA 94601
- Child Development
- Adult Education
- Crisis Intervention
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Family Therapy
- Must be at least 18