Volunteer to teach a Positive Parenting workshop today!
Volunteers needed at our Garden Street Family Shelter to teach free Positive Parenting classes to the parents at our shelter. Volunteers will teach individuals the basics of Positive Parenting such as, balancing work and family, effective parent-child communication, positive reinforcement, teaching children self-control, and resolving conflict. Volunteers are only asked to host two classes per year. Classes will be held on weekdays only, either from 9a.m. to 10.30 a m. or 6p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
* Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position
* Prepare each workshop’s outline
* Provide group and individual instruction sessions
* Assess participant’s areas for development and provide one on one tutoring
Sign-up to volunteer today at:
- Child Development
- Adult Education
- Crisis Intervention
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Child Care Assistant
- Community Garden Volunteer
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Financial Literacy Workshop...
- Employment Readiness Workshop...
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Part-time Chaplain
- Beginner Piano Instructor
- Help Serve Food for our Senior...
- Positive Parenting Workshop...
- Sunday Night Community Dinner...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Volunteer Pianist
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant