Help make a difference in your community and volunteer to teach resume workshops!
Help pave a pathway to success and self-sufficiency. Volunteers are needed at our Garden Street Family Shelter to teach a free resume workshop to the parents at our shelter. Volunteers are only asked to host two classes per year. Classes will be held on weekdays only either from 9a.m. to 10.30 a m. or 6p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
* Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position. * Prepare resume workshop outline
* Provide group and individual instruction sessions.
* Assess participant’s areas for development and provide one on one tutoring to help them develop their resumes.
Sign-up to volunteer today at:
- Resource Development / Management
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Child Care Assistant
- Community Garden Volunteer
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Financial Literacy Workshop...
- Employment Readiness Workshop...
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Part-time Chaplain
- Beginner Piano Instructor
- Help Serve Food for our Senior...
- Positive Parenting Workshop...
- Sunday Night Community Dinner...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Volunteer Pianist
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant