Here at Community Cooperative, we strive to end hunger and homelessness in Lee County. This is a huge job though, and we rely mainly on volunteers to help us work towards this important goal. We have current volunteer openings for the following positions during the week (varying shifts and flexible time slots available): M-F, 7:00am-5:00pm
- Community Cafe Kitchen: Prep and package Meals on Wheels for delivery, prep food for Cafe lunch.
- Community Cafe Kitchen: Serve food to our neighbors in need, help cleanup the kitchen and café once lunch ends at 12:30pm.
- Community Market: Help stock our Community Market shelves, and help clients shop once the market opens. Help clients bring groceries to their car, load and bring cart back to the market.
- Social Services: Help organize and assist as needed.
- Able Garden & Grounds: Pull weeds, mulch, water as needed, harvest, clean up garden, clean trash off grounds, sweep, etc.
- Group Volunteer Opportunities: Have a group who is looking to volunteer together? We can accommodate you here on our campus! We always have large jobs that are best tackled by a group, and will be available to supervise on the weekends if necessary. Contact Rachell@CommunityCooperative.com with questions or to schedule.
- Seasonal: We are extremely busy with outreach work around the Holidays and always need extra hands.
- Community Food Drives: Want to participate but can't do any of the jobs listed above? Consider hosting a food drive to benefit our food pantries! Community food drives are an integral part of our operation here and we couldn't feed thousands of households each and every month without the ongoing support of people just like you. Contact Sarah@CommunityCooperative.com to set one up!
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 8
- Volunteers interacting with our clients must be friendly, patient, and eager to help.