Grace for Impact seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist communications and marketing efforts for the organization. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications and marketing while working for a nonprofit organization.
- Usage of Social Media Tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, etc.) to send out updates to current constituents.
- Maintaining and updating all social media platforms consistently.
- Assist with the implementation of the Strategic Development plan for communications, including newsletters (internal, external).
- Coordinate with volunteer web developer and digital marketer to build out content and messaging for updates of the webpage.
- Build out content and design email campaigns using Mail Chimp.
- Assist in creating scripts and captions for video content. Work with volunteer videographer to build out quality videos for email campaigns/ newsletter/ webpage content.
- Working towards or already achieved a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations).
- Understanding of the basic principles of communications, public relations and/or marketing.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite).
- Experience using Mail Chimp marketing automation platform.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Relationship Building
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours a month...
- Can work at our office in Addison or remotely- we're flexible!