At ChickTech, we believe every girl and woman has the right to fulfill their true potential. Through a variety of confidence and skill building experiences, we uplift and empower girls and women through the lens of technology. In the end, our goal is to get and keep girls and women in high tech and show them they are capable of doing - and being - anything they desire. Through service across the country, community members are joining us to bring these experiences to the girls and women who need them the most.
This role reports to the Fundraising and Development Director. The perfect candidate for this role will utilize limited resources to create an eventful impact on the Orange County community. They will learn to have sales, social media, event planning, and leadership skills. Candidates should be kind, charismatic, trustworthy, diplomatic, and have a passion for empowering women. They will have an appreciation of the nuances of the area we serve and help tailor our fundraising approach to the needs and available resources of our community.
The benefits: an opportunity to have a social media, sales, event planning, and leadership experience to put on your resume. Opportunities to network directly with ChickTech volunteers and staff across the US. Networking opportunities at a local level with a wide diversity of tech companies and other organizations. Having a direct impact on the ability of the local ChickTech chapter to be able to enact its mission. Having a positive, direct impact in the lives of girls and women.
- Act as liaison to promote the mission and values of ChickTech
- Relationship development and network building skills with community peers
- Build fundraising opportunities through various techniques with exceptional verbal and communication skills and sales skills
- Coordinating monthly or every other month fundraising events through flyers, media, and other communication channels
- Identify appropriate Vendor partnership for ChickTech events
- Document fundraising events as needed to notify organization of past partnerships and fundraising events
- Complies with ChickTech’s policies and goals
- Strong commitment to ChickTech mission and values
- Excellent verbal and written communication with creativity
- Positive attitude, detail, and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Research abilities and independent thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years’ experience in sales, marketing or fundraising.
- Tech Industry experience
- Familiarity with Fundraising locations (e.g., Restaurants, Desserts, etc.) in Orange County
- Developed Public Speaking skills
Please note that we do not discriminate on gender or LBGQT. So feel free to apply! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resource Development / Management
- Sales Process
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-5 hours a week
- Finance Director - Orange County
- Finance Director - Seattle
- High School Communications...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- Girls Who Code Technical Volunteer
- Operations Director: ChickTech...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- ChickTech Boston - Chapter Lead
- High School Kick-Off Setup and...
- High School Kickoff - ...
- High school kickoff Workshop TA...
- Workshop TA - High School...
- High School Kickoff - Workshop...
- Marketing Team - ChickTech Bay...
- High school kickoff - Workshop...
- ChickTech Bay Area - Design Team...
- Graphic Design/Photography...
- Marketing Co-Director - Orange...
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Chicago Chapter Lead -...