Crisis Advocates Needed for Sexual Assault Survivors - SACASA
31 people are interested
CRISIS ADVOCATES NEEDED FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT SURVIVORS THROUGH THE SOUTHERN ARIZONA CENTER AGAINST SEXUAL ASSAULT, A PROGRAM OF CODAC.
Crisis Advocates provide crisis intervention, support, advocacy, information and referrals for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. Advocates respond to the hospital to meet with and support survivors during a crisis, after office hours and on weekends. Survivors may be of any age, gender, sexual orientation, race, background, etc.
- Provide brief crisis intervention and respond to hospital sexual assault response calls (as needed).
- Advocate for and assist victims in connecting with support services in the community including shelters, law enforcement, medical and social services.
- Provide information about options on orders of protection.
- Maintain confidentiality of client.
- Coordinate with on-call Forensic Examiner when receiving a call from hospitals or law enforcement about sexual assault.
- Document all activities appropriately.
- Take at least four (4) on-call shifts each month.
- Knowledge and sensitivity regarding issues of sexual assault, human trafficking and domestic violence.
- Ability to make a long-term commitment. This includes availability on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to complete initial training program and follow-up shadowing.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1600 N Country Club RoadTucson, AZ 85716
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Crisis Counseling
- Critical Thinking
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 40+ hour training program & at least six months to one year commitment
- Availability on evenings, holidays and weekends.