WE NEED YOU!!!
Be a valued team member in selecting college scholarship recipients for children who have lost a parent in the line of duty as police officers or fire fighters within the State of California.
- Two to three meetings a year with the Scholarship Committee (some potentially via phone conference)
- Meetings held at The Fallen Heroes Office: 2175 N. California St, Suite 150, Walnut Creek
- At the end of each calendar year, compose short letter to families with children affected by line of duty death informing them of our nonprofit and scholarship fund.
- Attend committee meetings to take record notes / maintain records and files
- Compose/mail letters to qualifying applicants
- Follow up with potential candidates if they have not returned an application by March 1st.
- Screen/forward emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retrieve/Copy/Send all potential application received to Committee Members (received either via email or mail).
- Compose and mail letters inviting selected recipients to attend the Tribute Event in June.
- After 6 months, follow-up with recipients regarding his/her educational experience and future goals for possible publication/use by the Fallen Heroes organization.
- Assist Scholarship Committee Chairman as directed.
- Experience as office administrative support
- Excellent organizational skills, multitasking, and working to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills, proficient writing and editing skills
- Exercise diplomacy and confidentiality in communicating with others
- Intermediate to advance computer skills with programs such as: Word, Excel, etc...
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 25 hrs p/yr - 85% Feb-Apr (Sep-Jun)