VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Product Selection Area (PSA) Support Volunteer is responsible for providing assistance in the day-to-day operation of PSA, contributing to the organization’s efficiency.
ACTIVITIES & EXPECTATIONS
* Greet community partners and help them to select product
* Assist Food Handlers in Operations Department effectively run the PSA
* Restock product on PSA floor
* Consolidate product on PSA floor
* Streamline Community Partner check out process
* Help Community Partners load vehicles
* Act as the "eyes and ears" of PSA, and report any wrongdoings or corrective actions to supervisor, Kim Wilcox
* Be aware of/enforce PSA Rules for Community Partner Product Selectors
* Could be expanded into additional responsibilities like assisting other positions within Operations and Partner Development & Support departments
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to take and follow direction well
* Must be self-directed and skilled at problem solving
* Must be able to lift 30 pounds
* Must be able to pull/push 30 pounds with a pallet jack
HOW THIS ROLE IS TIED TO OUR MISSION
PSA is a very important place within the Food Distribution Center. It is where our community partners come to pick up food to take back to their organizations to either prepare or distribute to individuals and/or families in need. Our PSA Support Volunteer is key to the effectiveness of running PSA. This volunteer would be the right-hand help to our Food Handlers in our Operations department. This opportunity would provide you with the ability to directly support Second Harvest’s operational needs and serve our community partners through your skills and abilities.
We are looking for a volunteer to consistently commit to one morning shift per week, Monday - Friday, from 8:00AM - 1:00PM for a minimum of 6 months.
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
On-the-job training will be provided by Operations staff member, Lloyd Bradsher, and supervision provided by Kim Wilcox, Partner Development & Support Coordinator.
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- one morning shift per week, M-F, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM