At ChickTech, we believe every girl and woman has the right to fulfill their true potential. Through a variety of confidence and skill building experiences, we uplift and empower girls and women through the lens of technology. In the end, our goal is to get and keep girls and women in high tech and show them they are capable of doing - and being - anything they desire. Through service across the country, community members are joining us to bring these experiences to the girls and women who need them the most.
The Fundraising Coordinator assists the Fundraising Manager in coordinating events, activities, meetings, and other vital fundraising initiatives. This role is responsible for logistics and communication in order to make fundraising initiatives happen. This is an essential role for the chapter and is relied upon extensively to implement strategy and planning.
The perfect candidate for the Fundraising Coordinator will be patient, highly attuned to detail, diplomatic, collaborative, has previous relationship management or fundraising experience, has previous personal volunteer experience, is passionate about empowering girls and women in technology, and is able to make a sustained, long-term commitment.
ChickTech is a national organization serving thousands of girls and women every year through tech programs and events.
The Phoenix chapter is looking for an experienced Financial Director, committed to our non-profit goal to works on both the pipeline (K-12) and retention side of the "women in tech" issue. This means that volunteers aren’t just giving their time and energy to our K-12 program but are also getting what they need to stay in the tech industry.
As Financial Director, you would need the following experience:
- Experience in budgets and accounting preferred but will consider other experience/skills
related to financial management.
- Must be able to spend 5-10 hours a week volunteering for the chapter.
- Willingness to take on a leadership role. The FD will be responsible for the financial health
of the chapter and must be willing to take ownership of the budget and financial results of
the chapter. They will have a key role in developing chapter strategies along with the
- Experience with nonprofit boards, finance management preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Other qualifications agreed upon with Regional Director and according to needs of the chapter.
Financial Director responsibilities include:
- Working with Chapter leadership to create a Chapter budget and monitor Chapter
- Review event budgets and ensure they fit into Chapter budget.
- Track event finances, including creating final event Profit and Loss report.
- Deposit checks and cash within two weeks of receipt.
- Ensure invoices are paid by the due date.
- Ensure all income and expenses and reported to HQ accounting by the 5th of the month.
- Review all reimbursements before sending to RD for approval and disbursement of funds
- Ensure chapter team members submit reimbursement requests within 45 days of expense.
- Fifteen-minute monthly meeting with RD to review prior month’s financials, financial health,
and upcoming month’s budget and events.
- Provide updates on Chapter financial health to Chapter leadership.
- Review contracts and provide a summary of terms before contract is sent to HQ for
- Track fundraising opportunities and grant applications.
- Maintain chapter financial records, budget, and inventory in Airtable.
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
- Cost Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a month
- Conference Volunteers - Orange...
- Finance Director - Seattle
- High School Communications...
- High School Workshop Lead...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- Girls Who Code Technical Volunteer
- Operations Director: ChickTech...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- High School Program Director -...
- ChickTech Boston - Chapter Lead
- Fundraising and Partnerships...
- Fundraising Event Chair - Orange...
- Workshop Leader - Corvallis,...
- Fundraising Director
- Social Media Specialist -...
- Workshop Coordinator, ChickTech:...
- Event Logistics Manager
- Fundraising Manager - Corvallis,...
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Chicago Chapter Lead -...