Volunteer Social Media/Communications Specialist for Military Transition Program
4 people are interested
Please contact us to see if the position is open.
SAY San Diego needs a Volunteer Social Media/Communications Specialist for our San Diego Military Family Collaborative (SDMFC).
- Update and manage social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- Provide support producing flyers and promotional materials;
- Manage and update our website;
- Maintain a list of potential marketing venues and platforms;
- Experiment with new ways of utilizing new social media platforms where SDMFC can share information about events and programs;
- And more!
Volunteers help at least once a week during the business hours of 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. We are seeking someone who can volunteer 5 - 10 hours per week, and make a four month commitment.
Some work can be done remotely.
SAY supports community collaboratives in order to strengthen relationships amongst key stakeholders within various locations across the county. One such collaborative is known as the SDMFRC. Since 2009, SAY has supported SDMFC and its mission to provide an inclusive forum to maximize the collective impact of community resources to enhance military family life. SDMFC supports military families through the sharing of information, resources and referrals to get military families help in their time of need.
Learn more about SAY San Diego's programs: https://www.saysandiego.org/
We'll work with your schedule.
3487 Santo RoadSan Diego, CA 92124
- Veteran Care
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Video Production
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum one day per week / 5-10 hours per week
- TB test and drug screen (including marijuana)