We are looking for motivated individuals to join our 2018 Jacksonville Autism Speaks Walk Fundraising and Planning Committee.
The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
Our committee is made up of several subcommittees:
- Fundraising Committee: Focuses on identifying opportunities to maximize event fundraising efforts. Makes sure that team captains and participants have the tools and resources they need to fundraising successfully.
- Corporate Development Committee: Responsible for identifying and approaching potential sponsors and forming strategic partnerships.
- Team Recruitment Committee: Responsible for recruiting new Team Captains and helping them build their teams and achieve their fundraising goals.
- Team Retention Committee: Focuses on recruiting and renewing former Team Captains, making sure they feel recognized, appreciated and supported as they work toward their team recruitment and fundraising goals.
- School Engagement Committee: Promotes the Autism Speaks Walk to school district leadership, parent and student organizations, and engages all school teams.
- Mission Committee: Ensures that the mission of Autism Speaks is incorporated into every event held related to the Autism Speaks Walk.
- Marketing and Outreach Committee: Creates a year-round presence for the Walk by establishing relationships with media partners and creating opportunities for coverage.
- Logistics Committee: Responsible for event coordination; from signage and entertainment, to trash removal and parking, to VIP benefits and volunteers.
If interested, please contact Amy Brown at JacksonvilleWalk@AutismSpeaks.org.
Submitting your request through VolunteerMatch will not guarantee your place on the 2018 Committee.
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-10 hours per month