Responsible To: Marketing Communications Manager
Task Description: Assist Marketing Department with communication initiatives.
Post event listings for all upcoming programs.
Maintain event listings spreadsheet.
Actively seek out new venues for free promotion.
Help to keep Facebook, Twitter, and other social media up to date.
Compile final versions of brochure/web copy for record keeping.
Draft news releases.
Write and maintain long lead events calendars.
Assist with basic office duties as assigned.
Help with other duties as assigned.
Must be organized, professional, and willing to learn new things.
Must have strong writing skills. Proofreading and editing experience preferred.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must work well independently, as well as with a team.
Prior office experience a plus.
Must be able to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
Skills to be Learned:
Basic functions of a Marketing department.
Minimum of 8 hours per week.
Minimum 120 hours over the course of the internship.
TO APPLY: Send a letter of intent, resume, a letter of reference from either an academic advisor or professor, and a writing sample BY APRIL 1, 2018, to:
Carnegie Science Center
One Allegheny Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- OR -
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 HRS/ 8 HOURS A WEEK
- Fab Lab Educational Internship...
- SciTech Days at Carnegie Science...
- Interactive Exhibits Intern...
- Volunteer Engagement and Special...
- Presenter, Science Theaters -...
- Group Experience Internship...
- BodyStage - Anatomy/Biology...
- Fab Lab Technical Intern...
- Marketing Internship (Unpaid) -...
- Education Intern, Science...
- Miniature Railroad & Village...
- Engineer the Future 2018
- Animal and Habitat Internship...
- Classes & Sleepovers Education...
- 79th Covestro Pittsburgh...
- BodyStage - Nutrition Internship...
- XPLOR Store Internship (Unpaid)...