Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
About Carnegie Science Center
Recipient of the 2003 National Award for Museum Service, Carnegie Science Center inspires and entertains by connecting science and technology with everyday life. In addition to providing valuable scientific experiences, Carnegie Science Center engages in outreach programs that serve Pittsburgh's diverse community. The Science Center is located on Pittsburgh's North Shore along the banks of the Ohio River and is accessible to persons with disabilities.Mission
Carnegie Science Center is dedicated to inspiring learning and curiosity by connecting science and technology with everyday life. The Science Center provides experiences that are entertaining, interactive, first hand, accessible, relevant and understandable. The Science Center strives to identify and meet the needs of the community in its full diversity.Vision
Carnegie Science Center will
- Optimize a high-volume, highly-personalized approach to its impact on visitors, ensuring that each individual touched is encouraged to seize the greatness and potential within themselves, directly affecting career aspirations, personal development and achievement.
- Invent the next-generation science center, establishing CSC as a dynamic destination of choice for core and expanding audiences, resolving space constraints, and establishing the broadest possible mix of experiences across the science and technology spectrum.
- Differentiate itself by capitalizing on community partnerships and local/regional science and technology advancements, both inside and outside the confines of CSC's physical facility.
- Carnegie Science Center will respect and address the interests, concerns and needs of the people of the region and all staff.
- The internal environment will enable staff and volunteers to be creative, develop personally, and gain the satisfaction of personal accomplishments.
- All visitors will feel welcome, empowered and respected. The Center will be customer oriented in all its activities.
- An evaluative process will be integrated into all actions to ensure effectiveness in relation to people's (staff and audience) needs, interests and potential.
- Visitors will perceive good value, total quality and outstanding customer service.
The Carnegie Science Center is a place where discoveries are made every day from the why of natural phenomena to the how of new technologies.
- Volunteer Office
- (412) 2371621
- Need admin access?