Responsible To: Call Center Manager
Task Description: This internship will focus on the group visitation experience. The candidate selected for this internship will be tasked with observing and experiencing the group visitation procedures and day-to-day activities with the ultimate goal of analyzing the success of current practices and developing a plan to improve existing and implement new procedures.
? Play in active role in day-to-day group operations
? Actively seek to improve group operations and experience
? Collate and analyze data from group evaluations and make recommendations for improvements
? Learn and understand group procedures and draft proposals to implement new procedures
? Work to develop materials that serve to educator staff on the group procedures
? Help with other duties as assigned
? Must be organize, professional and willing to learn new things.
? Must be comfortable speaking with both internal colleagues and external visitors.
? An interest in Museum Studies and/or Hospitality are preferred.
? Must work well independently as well as with a team
? Must be able to work in a busy, face-paced environment
Skills to be Learned:
? Basic functions of group operations and Visitor Services department.
? Ability to analyze current process and recommend changes.
? No cash handling experience necessary
? Must be able to be on-site, at Carnegie Science Center, once a week.
? Potential for at-home work.
? The candidate will attend Carnegie Science Center Discovery Days to familiarize themselves with the
Science Center staff and operations. They will work directly with Call Center Manager to learn and
understand daily on-site group operations and the group experience.
? 120 hours minimum during the semester
TO APPLY: Send a letter of intent, resume, a letter of reference from either an academic advisor or professor BY APRIL 1, 2018, to:
Carnegie Science Center
One Allegheny Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- OR -
- Program Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Group Facilitation
- Customer Service
- Arts Administration
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 120 HOURS A SEMESTER
- Fab Lab Educational Internship...
- SciTech Days at Carnegie Science...
- Interactive Exhibits Intern...
- Volunteer Engagement and Special...
- Presenter, Science Theaters -...
- Group Experience Internship...
- BodyStage - Anatomy/Biology...
- Fab Lab Technical Intern...
- Marketing Internship (Unpaid) -...
- Education Intern, Science...
- Miniature Railroad & Village...
- Engineer the Future 2018
- Animal and Habitat Internship...
- Classes & Sleepovers Education...
- 79th Covestro Pittsburgh...
- BodyStage - Nutrition Internship...
- XPLOR Store Internship (Unpaid)...