Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm), please visit www.savethewater.org
Support the Publishing Group by managing a team of volunteers in the area of staff writers by overseeing the writing of articles for the Save The Water website.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as a Project Leader you are required to contribute a minimum of 8 hours per week and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
What you will be responsible for......
- Manage on average 2-5 volunteers within the Writing team, holding them accountable for their work.
- Plan and conduct monthly team meeting, including sending agenda, taking meeting minutes, and follow up
- Ensure that all staff-written articles arrive on time
- Check article references; ensure that superscripted numbers correspond with references at the bottom of the articles
- Copy Associate Director and Director on all correspondence
- Maintain volunteer responsibilities and correspondence with Publishing staff
- Provide monthly report of your team’s progress to the President and Vice President.
- Attend monthly Publishing group meeting.
- Keep PWR minimum on a weekly basis
- Complete the PWR audit for the Associate Level each month
- Report to Associate Director for the given project team
Your Take Away.....
- Chance to develop or master your professional & leadership skills
- Advance & improve your project management skills
- Work with a team of diverse professionals from all over the world
- Opportunity to handle multiple projects
- Be a part of a mission to save our resources and make a deep impact
Apply Now if you have....
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We would love to hear from you!
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- minimum of 8 hours per week
- be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- Technology Associate: Web...
- Marketing Associate: Email...
- Fundraising Director
- Marketing Associate: Trend...
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT CUM DONOR...
- Marketing Project Leader: Branding
- Publishing Associate: Researcher...
- Marketing Project Leader:...
- Education Project Leader: Editor...
- Education - Associate Director:...
- Publishing Associate: SEO...
- R&E Associate: Administrative...
- Google Drive Librarian
- Social Media Associate: Design
- R&E Project Leader: Process Design
- Publishing Project Leader: Writers
- Social Media Associate Director:...
- Education Project Leader: DILOS...
- Consultant: Business Plan/Market...
- Fundraising Associate: Grants