Disaster Action Team Member
11 people are interested
Disaster Action Teams (DAT) provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
1. Supporting the annual goals, objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
2. Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
3. Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
4. Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.
Join us in this unique experience to help out members of our community! Additional training will be provided and our Disaster Cycle Services team will be available for questions.
If interested, please contact CTRIvolunteer@redcross.org and apply online at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
About American Red Cross - Connecticut and Rhode Island Region
209 Farmington Ave., Farmington, CT 06032, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
158 Brooklawn Ave.Bridgeport, CT 06604
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Emergency response need will vary. On-call shifts.
- Learn more and apply at www.redcross.org/volunteer