Adoption Show Dog handler Volunteer Coordinator
9 people are interested
Role: Volunteer Dog Handler Coordinator
Show Location: Golf/Meacham PetSmart (1440 E Golf Rd, Schaumburg)
Brief Description: The main purpose of this role is to schedule dog handlers for weekly Saturday adoption shows. Adoption shows are every Saturday from 11am to 3pm.
- Communicate with current volunteers each week regarding availability for the upcoming Saturday adoption show
- Assign volunteers to handle dogs whose foster parent is unable to attend the adoption show
- Regularly attend Saturday adoption show for at least the first half of the show to get handlers settled with their dogs and to make assignment changes as needed
- Respond to prospective volunteer email inquiries
- Train new handlers during adoption show hours
- Supervise and evaluate high school student volunteers as needed
- Maintain a current list of dog handlers
- Other duties or tasks as needed
*Access to volunteer list, communication templates, and training materials will be provided.
- Be able to communicate effectively with people in writing and in person
- Have good organizational and team coordination abilities
- Be comfortable with, as well as have frequent and reliable access to: a computer, internet, and email
- Ability to be flexible with unexpected and last minute changes to handler assignments and requests
- Ability to conduct oneself in a calm and professional, especially in difficult situations
Time Commitment (may vary week-to-week)
- 30-60 minutes communicating via email with current and prospective volunteers
- 1-2 hours attending Saturday adoption shows
**This is not a temporary, one-time position. The individual in this role will dedicate his/her time in an on-going, consistent and dependable way.
We'll work with your schedule.
1440 E Golf RdSchaumburg, IL 60173
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 30-60 minutes per week