Adoption Show Dog handler Volunteer Coordinator
Almost Home Foundation
Role: Volunteer Dog Handler Coordinator
Show Location: Golf/Meacham PetSmart (1440 E Golf Rd, Schaumburg)
Brief Description: The main purpose of this role is to schedule dog handlers for weekly Saturday adoption shows. Adoption shows are every Saturday from 11am to 3pm.
- Communicate with current volunteers each week regarding availability for the upcoming Saturday adoption show
- Assign volunteers to handle dogs whose foster parent is unable to attend the adoption show
- Regularly attend Saturday adoption show for at least the first half of the show to get handlers settled with their dogs and to make assignment changes as needed
- Respond to prospective volunteer email inquiries
- Train new handlers during adoption show hours
- Supervise and evaluate high school student volunteers as needed
- Maintain a current list of dog handlers
- Other duties or tasks as needed
*Access to volunteer list, communication templates, and training materials will be provided.
- Be able to communicate effectively with people in writing and in person
- Have good organizational and team coordination abilities
- Be comfortable with, as well as have frequent and reliable access to: a computer, internet, and email
- Ability to be flexible with unexpected and last minute changes to handler assignments and requests
- Ability to conduct oneself in a calm and professional, especially in difficult situations
Time Commitment (may vary week-to-week)
- 30-60 minutes communicating via email with current and prospective volunteers
- 1-2 hours attending Saturday adoption shows
**This is not a temporary, one-time position. The individual in this role will dedicate his/her time in an on-going, consistent and dependable way.
About Almost Home Foundation
P.O. Box 308, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007, US
Almost Home Foundation is a nonprofit, all volunteer, no-kill animal rescue funded solely by private donations. We have no paid employees. Almost Home Foundation is committed to reducing the number of homeless and unwanted companion animals through education programs, spay /neuter programs, and the responsible re-homing of dogs and cats through adoption programs. Almost Home Foundation does not have a physical building to house animals. We rely on volunteers who dedicate their time, homes and hearts for our animals until permanent, loving homes can be found. Adoptable animals in our care will be kept as long as it takes to find a suitable home. Almost Home Foundation does not discriminate against animals based on age, breed, color of fur or physical disability. Our ultimate goal is to eliminate the need to ever have a healthy adoptable animal euthanized.
Almost Home Foundation was founded by 5 animal lovers. We felt that by creating this organization that we can make a difference and save many lives. Meet the Co-Founders. We are an all volunteer, registered, not-for-profit 501c3 charity organization dedicated to rescuing stray and abandoned cats and dogs from the villages of the Schaumburg, Hoffman Estates, Palatine, Barrington, Barrington Hills, South Barrington, and Inverness. We also save animals from High Kill Shelters. All of your donations are tax deductible and are used for the animals. There are no paid members of our organization.