Volunteer Service Scheduler
Village Without Walls
The Volunteer Service Scheduler is integral to our mission to provide services to our members - local seniors and disabled individuals. Duties and Responsibilities
This position makes sure that member requests for volunteer services are scheduled and assigned to a Village volunteer. We respond to the phone requests and emails Monday through Friday roughly 9 am to 5 pm.
- Process Service Requests received by email and telephone
- Confirm information is complete and accurate
- Follow up with members by email or telephone for additional information as necessary
- Update and maintain daily Contact Log
- Answer member questions or concerns, or forward to appropriate contacts
- Assist with investigating and resolving member concerns
- Proficient working with computer, email, voicemail, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Pleasant mannered and patient, especially when working with older adults
- Detail oriented and dependable
- Self driven with problem solving abilities
Volunteer applicants will need to meet via Zoom for an interview with our Volunteer Chair. After training, you will perform duties remotely.
About Village Without Walls
1333 NW Orenco Station Pkwy, #572, Hillsboro, OR 97124, US
● Community. We believe that strong social connections are a vital part of living well and aging brilliantly. ● Inclusion. We welcome and respect people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, economic situations, and abilities. ● Collaboration. We believe that working together and caring for each other makes our lives richer and more interesting. As a Village, we are stronger than we are as individuals. ● Contribution. We believe that each member of our community can benefit from the skills, experiences, and perspectives of the others. We encourage every member and volunteer to bring their own unique qualities and capabilities to the table.
Village Without Walls is a community-based membership organization of volunteers, that provide services to help seniors and disabled individuals stay involved in their communities and remain in their own homes as they grow older. Volunteers are the heart of the Village, providing direct services to our members as well as behind-the-scenes support to operate the village. We are neighbors helping neighbors to stay neighbors.
Village Without Walls is a program of Villages NW, a 501(c)3 nonprofit TAX ID 46-4190513, which serves as the Hub for eight Villages in formation across the Metro area. Villages NW is part of a nationwide network of support that fosters interdependent aging in community