Are you a career journalist jaded by the establishment media’s pack mentality? How about a fresh start at the hottest news outfit on the net?
Join the great experiment at WhoWhatWhy . As our new Managing Editor, you have the opportunity to work with a team of highly talented, driven and original reporters and editors to produce the most incisive investigative journalism anywhere in the world.
We are like no news organization you’ve ever seen: a true antidote to "fake news" that offers bracingly real analyses. Non-corporate, non-partisan, and non profit, we are powered entirely by public support and the passionate involvement of people who believe in our mission. We aren’t cowed by or inclined to follow the establishment or the politically correct or run with the pack - unless our inquiries prove the pack is right.
This position is part-time and pro-bono, but down the road, as we grow, we can offer possibilities of compensation.
If you’re able to commit and want to be part of this, are highly experienced in motivating a newsroom, we want to hear from you. Send us your resume and a detailed cover letter that shows you have studied our brand, explains why you are qualified for this position and confirms that you understand the fundamentally pro bono aspect of this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Generate story ideas, assign and edit content, monitor production schedules
- Oversee editors to ensure stories are reviewed and published in a timely manner
- Recruit highly qualified editors and freelancers as our editorial needs grow
- Communicate assignment parameters and deadlines to editorial team and serve as a resource for questions
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience as a senior editor at a news publication
- A keen understanding of current affairs and elements of sophisticated explanatory and investigative journalism
- An awareness of the WhoWhatWhy brand, its values and its distinct editorial voice
- A familiarity with the decision-making rationale behind newsroom assignments
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- Marketing Campaign Strategist
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Volunteer Assigning Editor
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Assistant Editorial Image Editor
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- Writer/Analyst Volunteers to...