Hospice Patient Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
12 people are interested
Patient Companions visit hospice patients on an ongoing basis in their homes or at assisted living facilities and nursing homes. Hospice volunteers are a special type of volunteer, providing companionship and emotional support for the patient and their caregivers during this difficult time. No personal care is required. Holy Redeemer Hospice serves clients throughout Southern New Jersey and parts of Pennsylvania. Training is provided.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Holy Redeemer Hospice - Atlantic County, NJ
6550 Delilah Road, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234, US
Holy Redeemer is a community-based integrated health and social service delivery and financing system sponsored by The Sisters of the Holy Redeemer . In a caring and compassionate manner, we will create innovative programs and services to enable people to live their lives to the fullest, while exceeding the expectations of all we serve. This will be accomplished by excelling at partnering and using resources effectively.
- Respect -- We revere all life as sacred and value each person as one created by God.
- Compassion -- We practice empathy towards each other, creating a healing presence in times of pain and struggle.
- Hospitality -- We welcome the stranger, guests and each other in a friendly and generous manner.
- Holistic Care -- We are attentive and responsive to the needs of the whole person: physical, spiritual, emotional and social.
- Collaboration -- We work jointly and cooperatively, networking within Holy Redeemer and with other systems and persons.
- Stewardship -- We care for all of creation, human and material, that has been entrusted to us by God.
- Justice -- We treat others at all times with fairness and honesty.
We'll work with your schedule.
6550 Delilah RoadSuite #501Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per month
- Healthcare screenings