Development Associate/Grant Writer
10 Books A Home
About 10 Books A Home
10BH is a nonprofit organization that provides early childhood education in the home. 10BH’s mission is to prevent the achievement gap by ensuring high poverty preschoolers enter kindergarten above grade level with families who are permanently invested in their learning.
10BH provides free home tutoring to a child and her parent once a week year round for two years from when the child is three years old until she enters kindergarten. Children of all learning abilities are accepted and most families in the high poverty areas 10BH works qualify for enrollment. Children learn during lessons and are left with new homework and books every week so they can continue learning in their daily lives. Parents participate in lessons and over time learn how to permanently support their children’s learning in the home. Upon kindergarten entry children and parents (the family) are prepared to prevent the achievement gap. Four years of longitudinal data on 10BH’s graduates show they are outperforming 47% of California students in math and 10% in reading.
We are looking for a development associate to support 10 Books A Home’s fundraising efforts.
- Draft grant applications
- Build a donor prospects list and track upcoming deadlines
- Support and manage other fundraising initiatives and events
- Build and manage online fundraising campaigns
- Support staff with other miscellaneous projects
- Add donor records to salesforce
- Write acknowledgement letters
- Search local bay area grants that fund early childhood education, school-readiness, parent education, education
- Develop frequently asked grant questions database that can be drawn on when writing grants
- Good writing skills
- Someone who is excited by the pace and nature of a rapidly growing evolving nonprofit
- Interest in early childhood education
- Collaborative and a team-person
- Flexible and able to help with a variety of projects as needed
- Able to commit 20 hours a week, delivering on tight timelines
This is an unpaid position, but is an exciting opportunity to gain experience, give back to the community and support a grassroots nonprofit with an ambitious mission.
Send your resume to email@example.com
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours a week