Would you like to make a difference in someone’s life? Volunteers are the heart of our Meals on Wheels program! MOW is looking for volunteers to work at our Meals on Wheels Dining Room location at Center 50+ and the South Salem Senior Center. Many seniors use Center 50+ and the South Salem Senior Center daily and stop by our Dining Rooms for a nutritious meal created by our very own team of chefs. We are currently looking for volunteers to help with dining room set up and serving.
The main duties will be:
1. Set up dining room: table linens, place-mats, silverware, coffee cups, condiments, and menus.
2. Serve coffee, tea, ice water, and salads.
3. Deliver meals to disabled diners.
4. Clear tables and reset if needed.
5. Enjoy the company of the dining room patrons and have fun!
- People Skills
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 9-10:30am or 11-1:30 Monday through Friday
- A City of Salem background check will be required for all volunteers.