Become a Physician Outreach Specialist - Make a Difference in Cayuga County!
2 people are interested
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer in healthcare and community outreach in Cayuga County? Then, consider joining the Volunteer Program at the Alzheimer's Association, Central New York Chapter as a Physician Outreach Specialist!
The Physician Outreach Specialist impacts the Chapter’s mission and goals by educating healthcare professionals about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia. They will support the direct link to increased referrals for programs and services available to their patients and caregivers through the Alzheimer’s Association. These individuals will make an extreme impact in their community by traveling to various offices to offer free informal presentations to health care professionals and hand out valuable information.
We are looking for individuals who have a:
- Friendly manner.
- Ability to speak comfortably to a group.
- Ability to speak confidently and professionally in a hurried environment.
- Dependable and punctual.
The staff will provide:
- Complete training on presentation topics and services.
- Resources to learn about the Alzheimer’s Association and Alzheimer’s disease.
We'll work with your schedule.
128 E Genesee StAuburn, NY 13021
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, 4-8 hours per month.
- Complete required trainings, participate in on-going trainings, provide own transportation.