Youth Development Coordinator
1 person is interested
Through the Youth Development Programme LAFF designs, funds and/or delivers training and workshops according to the identified needs and interests of our partner organisations and beneficiaries, following our established workshop programme/plan. Young people might also receive support from career guidance specialists. The main goal of this programme is to equip children and young people with relevant soft skills (communication, language, interpersonal); life skills (decision making, critical thinking, problem solving, creative thinking); and basic technical skills. Intended to increase economic opportunities, technical skills training targets young people aged 14 to 25 to provide career guidance and support in the search for internship, business start-up, and employment opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Youth Development Coordinator will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
· Identify and address the educational and developmental needs/requirements of LAFF’s beneficiaries.
· Based on partner feedback, plan/implement life and technical skills training workshops and the LAFF Career Guidance Programme.
· Develop budgets and keep detailed financial records.
· Recruit and manage a team of local volunteers to assist with the workshops.
· Monitor academic results of beneficiaries.
· Identify and liaise with training providers (institutions, training centres, businesses and/or experts) and establish agreements when possible.
· Monitor and evaluate the results and impact of the vocational training and career guidance programme and submit progress reports.
· Identify internships, short work experiences and job placement opportunities for young people.
· Foster and maintain positive working relationships with LAFF’s partner organisations.
- Undergraduate Degree (or currently enrolled) in Social Sciences, Modern Languages, Education (or related field), or relevant experience working with young people and implementing youth development programmes
- Recommended 6 months volunteer and/or work experience involving education, management, teamwork and/or administration.
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with vulnerable children.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and intermediate English ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, and detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent time management skills.
We'll work with your schedule.
Barrio ProfesionalCusco, Peru
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of 3 months. No maximum!