Be a supportive presence to those who have lost loved ones. Make bereavement support phone calls or in-person visits as directed by bereavement staff. Phone calls can be made from a volunteer’s home. Additional three-hour Bereavement Support training is required after completion of Patient and Family Support Training.
Additional training is required after completion of Patient and Family Support Training.
Volunteer Orientation is a four-hour training session for individuals interested in learning more about Empath Health’s volunteer opportunities.
Patient/Family Support Training consists of 12 hours of training for individuals interested in providing caring support to Suncoast Hospice patients and families. Empath Health Volunteer Orientation is a prerequisite.
To register for class and verify locations: Please call Volunteer Registration at 727-523-3440. Registration ends 3 business days before the start of training
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Resale Shoppe...
- Volunteer Receptionist – Be a...
- Empath Health Teen Volunteer
- Palliative Arts Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Patient/Family...
- Veterans Serving Veterans...
- Telephone Support Volunteer
- Empath Partners in Care- EPIC
- Suncoast PACE (Program of...
- Organizational Support – Office,...
- Empath Health Volunteers Needed...