Disaster Action Team Member
6 people are interested
Disaster Action Teams (DAT) provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
1. Supporting the annual goals, objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
2. Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
3. Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
4. Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.
Join us in this unique experience to help out members of our community! Additional training will be provided and our Disaster Cycle Services team will be available for questions.
If interested, please contact CTRIvolunteer@redcross.org and apply online at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
209 Farmington Ave.FarmingtonFarmington, CT 06032
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Emergency response need will vary. On-call shifts.
- Learn more and apply at www.redcross.org/volunteer.