As you window shop, do you ever dream about what you would show in your imaginary gift shop? Have you ever had any retail experience? Are you good at reconciling your bank account or other types of financial transactions? How about greeting people and creating an inviting place where they feel welcome?
You could become part of our team that helps provide funds for JAARS core operations through gift shop sales. The end result will be helping to make Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
- For half-time (20 hrs.) volunteer or staff who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Administer the financial functions of purchasing, inventorying, pricing, and paying of invoices for merchandise, supplies, and DaySpring greeting cards
- Monitor and close out cash register sales; resolve discrepancies; prepare, reconcile, and record cash receipts for deposit; and prepare sales reports
- Oversee the operation of the credit card reader, and member and department sales invoices
- Prepare and implement the approved annual budget
- Maintain inventory of display and sales supplies
- Determine the overall gift shop goals in cooperation with the crafts and display coordinator and department supervisors
- Recruit, train, schedule, and conduct clerk performance reviews
- Cover clerk duties in their absence
- Provide support to JAARS online gift shop
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED or a combination of retail experience and education
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Good customer service and supervisory skills
- Ability to learn cash management principles and/or procedures
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours per week, Long-term
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff