Gift Shop Procurement Coordinator
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Do you have a gift for retail? Do you love buying and selling unique merchandise, and caring for people? Are you interested in a way to do that AND impact the world for eternity?
Our merchandise assortment ranges from handmade crafts, clothing and jewelry-much of it from overseas-to books, cards, videos and more. All are thoughtfully selected to provide guests and staff with mementos of the work here at JAARS and the mission of providing every person on earth with Scripture in the language they understand best-their heart language.
- For a half-time (20 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Administer the financial functions of purchasing, inventorying, pricing, and paying of invoices for merchandise, supplies, and DaySpring greeting cards
- Monitor and close out cash register sales; resolve discrepancies; prepare, reconcile, and record cash receipts for deposit; and prepare sales reports
- Oversee the operation of the credit card reader, and member and department sales invoices
- Prepare and implement the approved annual budget
- Maintain inventory of display and sales supplies
- Determine the overall gift shop goals in cooperation with the crafts and display coordinator and department supervisors
- Recruit, train, schedule, and conduct clerk performance reviews
- Cover clerk duties in their absence
- Provide support to JAARS online gift shop
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED or a combination of retail experience and education
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Good customer service and supervisory skills
- Ability to learn cash management principles and/or procedures
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief--and the vision--that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of full-time missionaries, dedicated volunteers and even a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally, and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
We'll work with your schedule.
7405 JAARS RoadWaxhaw, NC 28173
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- 20 hours per week, Long-term