As of January 10th, 2018, Pike Market Food Bank is open for grocery distribution on Wednesday evenings! We need volunteers to help set up, facilitate and clean up our new evening grocery distribution.
On distribution days, volunteer roles include check-in, greeting shoppers and directing the line, distributing food to shoppers, stocking, repacking pastries and produce, logging and organizing food deliveries, and breaking down boxes.
Set-up runs 3-4pm, distribution runs 4-6pm, and break-down usually only takes 15 minutes. We prefer volunteers who can commit to the entire session, but are flexible about times.
- Helpful and friendly attitude
- Be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and stand for up to three hours
- Be on time
- Second language is helpful but not required
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 3.5 hours, but we're flexible