Afternoon Food Bank Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
123 people are interested
Since January of 2018, Pike Market Food Bank started opening for grocery distribution on Wednesday evenings! We need volunteers to help set up, facilitate and clean up our new evening grocery distribution.
On distribution days, volunteer roles include check-in, greeting shoppers and directing the line, distributing food to shoppers,packing delivery bags, stocking, repacking pastries and produce, logging and organizing food deliveries, and breaking down boxes.
Set-up runs 3-4pm, distribution runs 4-6pm, and break-down usually only takes 15 minutes. We prefer volunteers who can commit to the entire session, but are flexible about times.
- Helpful and friendly attitude
- Be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and stand for up to three hours
- Be on time
- Second language is helpful but not required
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1531 Western AveInside Public Market Parking Garage 5th floorSeattle, WA 98101
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- 3.5 hours, but we're flexible