Food Bank Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
94 people are interested
As of January 10th, 2018, Pike Market Food Bank is open for grocery distribution on Wednesday evenings! We need volunteers to help set up, facilitate and clean up our new evening grocery distribution.
On distribution days, volunteer roles include check-in, greeting shoppers and directing the line, distributing food to shoppers, stocking, repacking pastries and produce, logging and organizing food deliveries, and breaking down boxes.
Set-up runs 3-4pm, distribution runs 4-6pm, and break-down usually only takes 15 minutes. We prefer volunteers who can commit to the entire session, but are flexible about times.
- Helpful and friendly attitude
- Be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and stand for up to three hours
- Be on time
- Second language is helpful but not required
We'll work with your schedule.
1531 Western AveInside Public Market Parking Garage 5th floorSeattle, WA 98101
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- 3.5 hours, but we're flexible