We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers who are passionate about child nutrition to assist with interactive kid's activities on Thursday and Friday afternoons before our markets at Owen Middle School and Black Mountain Elementary. This project involves developing and leading kid-friendly, easy recipes including a nutrition/wellness tip and activity and engaging children and parents in a safe, fun and interactive way. Shifts are Thursday and Friday afternoons about 4-5pm and include a little time to prep earlier in the week. If you'd like to join us at an upcoming market to shadow current volunteers and interns assisting with this project let me know! We're especially in need of folks between December and January as our health and wellness interns who currently fill this need will be on Winter Break.
- Cooking / Catering
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Kid's Activities for Thursday...
- Bi-Weekly Produce Shuttling...
- Children & Friends Produce...
- Guest Health & Wellness Speaker
- St. James Produce Market Volunteer
- Blue Ridge Apartments Produce...
- Farm and Garden Gleaning Volunteer
- Child Care During Weekly ESL...
- Owen Middle School Produce...
- Thursday Produce Sorting Volunteer
- Spanish-Speaking Volunteers
- Black Mountain Elementary...
- Cooking Demo Volunteer
- Benevolent Committee Volunteer
- Friday Produce Sorting Volunteer