ITA is seeking a total of 30 volunteer caregivers for our Bridging Memory through Music program, an interactive music research program for family members and individuals experiencing cognitive decline as a result of aging. We would love to welcome you to our team!
The program includes a 30-minute family debrief and inquiry group and an interactive 45-minute music performance by a quartet of professional musicians, where family members and caregivers practice connecting with their loved ones using music, instruments, and movement. After the performance, members participate in a 30-minute break-out social group. In collaboration with Dr. Borna Bonakdarpour, the program will begin research at Silverado’s memory care units at the Highland Park and Morton Grove campuses in January of 2018.
Volunteer caregivers will:
* help set up/restore the space for the performance and breakout groups,
* interact with resident during the performance
* act as a "stand-in" for family members not present, and
* attend a training workshop on working with individuals with dementia and music engagement strategies on November 12th and January 7th.
The research program will run from 1:30PM - 4:30PM on Saturdays from January through April, 2018.
To learn more about becoming a volunteer caregiver, please contact Jeffrey Wolfe, Bridging Memory through Music, Program Administrator, email@example.com, 847-448-8331
- Elder care
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Saturdays from 1:30 - 4:30pm from January - April