IT Software Developer
Do you want to create software, but not just any software? We are looking for an enthusiastic IT professional to develop tools for all aspects of Bible translation and language development. If you have a solid background in application development, have troubleshooting, analysis and technical skills and enjoy keeping up with new technology, then you could be the one to join our team! We design and build applications used both by people on the front lines and administrative staff in the offices who are providing behind-the-scenes support, logistics, and coordination.
We are a nonprofit organization committed to serving language communities worldwide. God is doing amazing things through Bible translation and language development. You could join in what God is doing by using your development skills to make an eternal impact: join the movement as a software developer!
- For full-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Designs and develops applications
- Coordinate with Software QA Specialists to test and debug software, and with Technical Writers to develop training documentation
- When necessary, may develop data exports and APIs in collaboration with system administrators and DBAs, for cross-platform data integration, synchronization, and/or reporting
- Maintains and further develops technical skills, keeping abreast of new developments in the software industry, conducting self-study, and attending training as needed
- Researches developing industry standards and new technologies, and evaluates their usefulness within our organization
- Associate or undergraduate degree in computer science or related field of study; or equivalent experience in relevant software and application development roles
- 4+ years of experience with application development technologies
- 2+ years of experience in software design and solutions architecture
We'll work with your schedule.
7405 JAARS RoadWaxhaw, NC 28173
- PC Platform
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Full Time