22 people are interested
We are a small group in the office and we have a relaxed atmosphere with a lot of work! R(High performing volunteer will receive $25 - $100 a week to cover expenses) We need support in several areas. Here is an example of some of the work that may be required of you:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook)
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Maintain contact lists
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Other duties as requested
Must have availability during regular business hours and keep to a mutually decided upon schedule. (Minimum 15 hours a week). Senior citizens and stay at home moms are welcome, too!
About Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)
6323 N. Avondale Avenue, Suite 252, Chicago, IL 60631, US
MISSION The mission of MHAGC is to maximize the mental and emotional wellness of our communities by promoting prevention and increasing empowerment through our education and support programs. VISION The Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago is working to ensure that all members of our community have the opportunity to live full lives, free from the stigma and prejudice associated with mental health issues. We strive to empower individuals to maintain and improve their mental health; while giving people with the tools necessary to identify situations in which they should seek help for themselves or someone close to them.
Welcome to the MHAGC volunteer page!
Thank you for considering MHAGC; we are delighted that are you interested in learning more about us and what we do. Volunteers form the core of our organization. We believe that volunteers are front and central to our success as we work to expand our reach and realize our vision. Please see www.mhagcusa.org or call us for more information about us, our programs and/or services.
There are a number of steps involved in becoming volunteer:
1) Select a volunteer position!
2) After reviewing your request, we will reach out to you by email to begin the process. Please attach your resume.
3) If you are a good match for a position, you will be invited to come into the MHAGC office for an introductory meeting or to schedule a time to talk on the phone.
4) The volunteer packet will be presented, reviewed and signed. As some of our programs contain information and content that is proprietary, you may be asked to complete a confidentiality and conflict of interest agreement.
5) Volunteering can begin!
Please note: MHAGC volunteer positions focus on leadership, outreach, fundraising, and administration. Other than the support group roles (still in development) we cannot offer volunteer positions that have direct contact with individuals with mental illness or mental health related issues.
We'll work with your schedule.
6323 N Avondale AveSuite 252Chicago, IL 60631
- Office Reception
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- 15 to 30 weekly
- Positive attitude and fun to work with!