Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- People with Disabilities
- Veterans & Military Families
Location6323 N. Avondale AvenueSuite 252Chicago, IL 60631 United States
MISSION The mission of MHAGC is to maximize the mental and emotional wellness of our communities by promoting prevention and increasing empowerment through our education and support programs. VISION The Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago is working to ensure that all members of our community have the opportunity to live full lives, free from the stigma and prejudice associated with mental health issues. We strive to empower individuals to maintain and improve their mental health; while giving people with the tools necessary to identify situations in which they should seek help for themselves or someone close to them.
Welcome to the MHAGC volunteer page!
Thank you for considering MHAGC; we are delighted that are you interested in learning more about us and what we do. Volunteers form the core of our organization. We believe that volunteers are front and central to our success as we work to expand our reach and realize our vision. Please see www.mhagcusa.org or call us for more information about us, our programs and/or services.
There are a number of steps involved in becoming volunteer:
1) Select a volunteer position!
2) After reviewing your request, we will reach out to you by email to begin the process. Please attach your resume.
3) If you are a good match for a position, you will be invited to come into the MHAGC office for an introductory meeting or to schedule a time to talk on the phone.
4) The volunteer packet will be presented, reviewed and signed. As some of our programs contain information and content that is proprietary, you may be asked to complete a confidentiality and conflict of interest agreement.
5) Volunteering can begin!
Please note: MHAGC volunteer positions focus on leadership, outreach, fundraising, and administration. Other than the support group roles (still in development) we cannot offer volunteer positions that have direct contact with individuals with mental illness or mental health related issues.