ChickTech Portland needs a Participant Engagement Manager!
ChickTech is a multi-generational community supporting women and girls to become technology creators.
We are dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. We facilitate hands-on technology-centric events to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls. Through our events, ChickTech builds community, empowers participants to see themselves as leaders, and provides networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing high tech industry.
We are looking for a Participant Engagement Manager for the Portland chapter of ChickTech. This volunteer role would be responsible for reaching out to educators at local schools and other youth organizations to spread the word about ChickTech and help them through the process of nominating students to the program. Once the students have been nominated, this role would be responsible for maintaining communication with the students to make sure they are kept up-to-date. This role would also be responsible for creating, issuing, and collecting the surveys from the students.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Good strategic and tactical thinking
- The ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work tasks
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local schools and other youth organizations through in-person meetings at events, cold-calling, direct mailing, and other networking methods
- Providing the resources and information needed to those schools and organizations to begin and complete the nomination process
- Send out acceptance packets to the locations where we have accepted students from
- Creating and maintaining the mailing list of students, including, but not limited to information about food allergies, transportation needs, and emergency contact information
- Working with marketing team members to develop a newsletter and/or other suitable method of keeping the students up-to-date with ChickTech news and schedules on a minimum of a monthly basis (this may involve collaboration with the marketing team and doing this via Twitter/Facebook)
- Create, distribute, and collect pre- and post-event surveys for the students, and ensure that this information is entered into our database, so the Chapter can track student progress and engagement.
- Create, distribute, and collect polls to gauge student interest in various topics they’d like to explore or workshops they might want to have
- Reach out to students from prior years to check-in with where they are now, if they’d be interested in volunteering with ChickTech in the future, and to get their feedback about how we did.
Expected time commitment: 5-10 hours/week, possibly more. We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible, although less can be negotiated! Please be honest about your time commitments. While we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Conference Volunteers - Orange...
- Finance Director - Seattle
- High School Communications...
- High School Workshop Lead...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- Girls Who Code Technical Volunteer
- Operations Director: ChickTech...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- High School Program Director -...
- ChickTech Boston - Chapter Lead
- Fundraising and Partnerships...
- Fundraising Event Chair - Orange...
- Workshop Leader - Corvallis,...
- Fundraising Director
- Social Media Specialist -...
- High School Workshop Manager -...
- Event Logistics Manager
- Fundraising Manager - Corvallis,...
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Chicago Chapter Lead -...