White Apple Institute is launching an exciting, new talk show and seeking two (2) skilled volunteers for Program Assistant positions. Positions average 5 to 15 hours per week, working in studio and from home with very flexible hours and accommodations for any disability (Speech, Visual, Hearing, Learning/Mental, etc.).
White Apple Institute is a veteran-operated nonprofit 501(c)(3) connecting, educating and supporting At-Risk Adult Students and Veterans challenged by disabilities (emphasis on emotional, learning, mental, and non-visible physical) with RESOURCES to:
1. Prevent DROPOUT/BURNOUT from school, work, and Life,
2. Manage emotional and financial crises to prevent hopelessness and homelessness, and
3. Change perceptions from "disabled" to "differently-abled"
Benefits- Perfect for Adult Students and Older Adults. Enjoy sharing your passion and sensitivity with a great team. Ask about college and Service Learning credits, internships, and employer recognition.
- Proven administrative experience with a high level of organization, task planning, and time-management skills
- Some knowledge of disability, higher education, veterans, and confidentiality issues (For example, FERPA, APA, HIPPA, Rehabilitation Act, WIOA and ADA, Independent Living, Vocational Rehabilitation, Student Veteran-GI Bill, and disability benefits).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (TTY, Speech accommodated)
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word and Excel.
Assist the Director with the following:
- Promoting, researching, planning, and executing White Apple Institute programs and the Talk Show online and events at colleges, disability and military friendly corporations, and community and faith-based organizations, includes arranging transportation.
- Compiling reports and minutes from meetings.
- Recruiting, scheduling, training and monitoring volunteers, interns and talk show guests.
- Writing and responding to inquiries by phone, chat, texts and email.
- Compile and catalog files, and archived materials.
- Updating website content with previous activities and upcoming events.
APPLY by sending cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Attention: Melodie Oscay. Thank you. Visit www.whiteappleinstitute.org or call 480-471-8082.
Your donation of any amount will help students and veterans succeed in the workforce!
- Basic Computer Skills
- Mobile Programming
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Special Needs
- Video Production
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5-15 hours per week
- Prior Radio/Broadcast/Podcast and Administrative Experience is a plus.