Would you like to make a positive impact in our Zoo? Volunteering at the San Francisco Zoo can be a fun, educational and rewarding experience. We have volunteer opportunities in our Family Farm, Animal Resource Center, Events and other Zoo departments. Learn more by attending our upcoming orientation on Saturday, January 6, 2018 from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Please RSVP by December 26 to attend this orientation.
Minimum Requirements for our Adult Volunteers:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must attend a volunteer orientation.
- You must successfully pass a background check. There is a non-refundable $25 administration fee for the background check. Additional fee for international background checks.
- A minimum commitment of 6 months.
Please meet at the bronze tiger statue in the Entry Village circle at 9:50am. The orientation will be from 10am - 12noon. Please be on time; late arrivals will not be allowed to attend the orientation. You do not need to pay for zoo admission or parking to attend the orientation.
Have a Question? E-mail email@example.com or call (415) 753-7122.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 day per week; minimum 6 month commitment
- Must successfully pass a background check