Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the San Francisco Zoo is to connect people with wildlife, inspire caring for nature and advance conservation action.
The San Francisco Zoo is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and represents a uniquely successful partnership between the City of San Francisco and the San Francisco Zoological Society.
We designed the Zoo with the underlying belief that interaction and activity lead to conservation action. We hope that caring for specific animals will inspire people to care for all wildlife and that this is the first step in the journey to becoming a conservationist.
The San Francisco Zoo is a multi-faceted place:
- A recreation area where people can relax and have fun
- A center for wildlife that provides exemplary care for rare and endangered species
- A community organization serving the people of the Bay Area
- An educational center providing formal and informal learning programs for children
- A park and nature center showcasing native plants and gardens
- A bird sanctuary and bird watcher's paradise
Despite the many reasons that draw people here, we know that once they arrive at the Zoo, they will inevitably fall in love with wildlife, and that upon their departure from the Zoo they will begin their journey to become conservationists. We hope that you too will join us on this journey.
Join us at the next Adult Volunteer Orientation on Saturday, January 6, 2018 from 10:00am-12:00pm. Please RSVP by December 26 to email@example.com to learn more about our volunteer opportunities!