Fundraising Manager at Media Nonprofit (VOLUNTEER WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNITY)
Are you personable, assertive, organized and able to motivate others?
At WhoWhatWhy, we have an opening for a Fundraising Development Manager.
We’re a nonprofit news organization that, in order to maintain our integrity, accepts no advertising. All of our funding comes from the public. That means fundraising. We are building a superior fundraising development team and now seek someone with strong people and organization skills to bring it all together.
The media nonprofit WhoWhatWhy is looking for gregarious, values-driven individuals to join our fundraising development team. You will oversee a team of individuals - who each work from their remote location - in the following areas: Salesforce non-profits CRM software administration, donor communications writer, grant writer, and corporate employee donation matching. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising and expanding the team dedicated to obtaining the funds we need to keep on growing and providing our unique services.
WhoWhatWhy is an unusual and radically different news organization - for a public equally tired of irresponsible "fake news" and of the establishment media’s pack mentality and limited curiosity. We hunt for those narratives that somehow never get told, identifying underlying causes of political crises and structural problems that, if addressed, could result in a better world for all.
If you’re looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity, manage others well, and can commit 10 hours a week or more on a regular basis, we’d like to hear from you. We’ll immerse you in a dynamic startup environment where you will get hands-on experience making things happen. As we grow, and with it, our fundraising success, pro bono work may evolve into partially or fully compensated positions.
Familiarity with fundraising development is preferred, but we’re open to anyone with the general skills set and aptitude needed to keep any kind of team productive and headed in the right direction.
WhoWhatWhy is a great place to volunteer. We’re a friendly bunch, highly motivated to do meaningful work in the public interest, imparting honest information to a public starved for it. We all work from our home locations and communicate remotely.
To apply, send us your resume and a cover letter. Share why you are interested in volunteering with WhoWhatWhy and how you feel that you can add value - and assist in building an amazing and valuable enterprise for the common good.
What you do:
- Help formulate our fundraising needs
- Build the fundraising/development organization
- Identify and contact potential donors
- Administer related modules within the Salesforce platform
- Research prospective donors
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Conduct fundraising strategies for our organization
- Maintain records of donor information for future use
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising activities
- Train volunteers in fundraising procedures and practices
What you bring:
- A strong understanding of nonprofit fundraising
- Solid management skills and the ability to motivate a team
- The capacity to perform successfully in a dynamic, changing environment, on a remote basis
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to grasp and project the WhoWhatWhy brand, its values and its distinct editorial vision
- A willingness to commit for a minimum of three months (although we hope that chosen candidates find that they love the work and stay for the long-term)
- Commitment to work at least five hours per week, on a flexible basis accommodating your schedule
- A results-oriented approach to your work
- Solid understanding that volunteering in a professional non-profit environment requires the same work ethic as any paid engagement
- Ideas on how to continually improve the fundraising process
What you get:
- Work at a highly professional, supportive, creative and intellectually-stimulating environment
- Valuable, marketable fundraising experience
- Satisfaction that you directly enable our work on cutting-edge issues at the center of public discourse
- Variable scheduling and working from home
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations
- Acquire valuable new skills in marketing, public relations and donor outreach
- Grow a network of contacts
- Have fun
- Make a difference
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours per week
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- Marketing Campaign Strategist
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Volunteer Assigning Editor
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Assistant Editorial Image Editor
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- Writer/Analyst Volunteers to...