VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Donor Research Volunteer is responsible for supporting the Development Department in researching donors as part of the stewardship process while ensuring donor information is accurately entered into our donor database.
- Donor research
- Assigning staff and volunteers to thank donors
- Appropriately record research findings in the donor database
- Format Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must pass background check before start date.
4-6 hours per week; split between Tuesday and Friday. Minimum commitment of 3 months.
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
Training and supervision will be provided by Vanessa Hugon, Development Associate.
HOW THIS ROLE IS TIED TO OUR MISSION
Second Harvest Food Bank relies on the generosity of individuals to fund its day-to-day operations and programs that aim to end hunger in Orange County. Donor research and robust donor information are essential to a successful stewardship program and will help us retain and cultivate donors. In this role, a volunteer will screen donors and assign them to staff or volunteers to thank and provide opportunities to get and/or stay involved with Second Harvest Food Bank. Additional revenue will allow us to expand our programs and enable us to reach the nearly 335,000 people in our community who may not know where their next meal will come from.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4-6 hours per week. Minimum 3 months.