A Family For Every Child is in need of a graphic designer to work in partnership with our web development team to assist in the redesign our website.
No programming experience is required! We are looking for those with a dynamic flair as we update content and the aesthetic appearance of the website.
The volunteer/intern will work individually and as part of a team, preparing rough drafts and presenting ideas to supervisors, then amending final designs in response to comments and gaining full approval.
What you will gain: This is a great real-world opportunity to expand a resume and grow transferable skills. As more and more design is utilized in the digital marketplace, skills in this area are greatly desired. This position, while under the direction of the web development supervisor, will provide plenty of opportunity to input original ideas and collaboration.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the volunteer/intern will:
- Participate in training
- Communicate results to the Program Supervisor in an organized manner
- Create web page organization, mock-ups, or other types of documents related to the project
- Other tasks as assigned
- Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, Word, and other Microsoft or creative products
- Think creatively and develop design concepts, graphics, and layouts
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas effectively
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
3-6-9+ hours weekly.
Flexible schedule during normal business hours, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-343-2856
- Child Welfare
- Graphic Design
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Web Design
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-6 months
- 3-6-9 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm