59 people are interested
Overview of Role: Northern Illinois Food Bank is in need of volunteer(s) who can serve as project leaders to provide clear, concise instructions to volunteers on assigned projects in the warehouse.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prior to the shift: arrive 30 minutes prior to start of shift to be briefed on the assigned task and set up appropriate supplies for the size of the group.
- During the shift: make sure the volunteers understand the assigned task at hand and ensure that safety precautions are being followed.
- End of Shift: ensure that the volunteers return the work area to the condition it was found in, return the supplies that were used, and return any unsorted food to the appropriate location.
Requirements: The Volunteer Supervisors should be dependable, flexible, comfortable with leading individuals and able to work with all different types of individuals.
Age: 16 years old
Location: All Locations
- West Suburban Center: 273 Dearborn Court, Geneva, IL 60134
- North Suburban Center: 440 Keller Drive, Park City, IL 60085
- Northwest Center: 765 Research Parkway, Rockford, IL 61109
Time Commitment and Duration: Volunteer Supervisors can supervise as few or as many shifts as their schedule accommodates each month. However, we do request that the volunteer supervisors arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the shift and be able to stay until cleanup is complete after the shift.
The monthly shifts include:
West Suburban Center:
- Each Monday - Thursday morning: 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Each Tuesday & Thursday afternoon: 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Each Tuesday evening: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Each Thursday evening: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Each Saturday of the month: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
North Suburban Center:
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Wednesday: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Tuesday morning: 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Tuesday afternoon: 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of the month: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Thursday mornings: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Training Required: A Volunteer Supervisor will need to have an initial training with a volunteer department staff member.
Supervised By: Volunteer Department
About Northern Illinois Food Bank
273 Dearborn Court, Geneva, IL 60134, US
For no one to be hungry in northern Illinois.
To lead the northern Illinois community in solving hunger by providing nutritious meals to those in need through innovative programs and partnerships.
Did you know 1 in 8 of our neighbors in northern Illinois face hunger? 1 in 5 kids in northern Illinois face hunger struggles as well. Northern Illinois Food Bank acquires donated food from retailers, local and national manufacturers, farmers, individuals, businesses, the federal government and also purchases additional products. Northern Illinois Food Bank then delivers the food to our network partners for distribution to hungry neighbors. We currently work with 700 network partners in 13 counties to help feed those in need. Volunteer, donate, and get involved in our feeding hungry neighbors today!
To sign up to volunteer, please visit our website www.solvehungertoday.org and click 'Get Involved', then 'Volunteer'. There you'll be able to create a new profile and access our schedule of volunteer shifts!
We'll work with your schedule.
273 Dearborn CourtGeneva, IL 60134
- Must be at least 16