During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) of the Danbury Hospital is a group of patients, family members, caregivers and hospital staff who work together to promote high quality, safe patient care in a collaborative partnership.
The mission of the PFAC is to provide the patient and family voice, representing all families served by the institution by clearly articulating Patient and Family Centered Care principles. Patient-family-centered care is an approach to care that respects the patient's values, perspectives and concerns and acknowledges the central role the family plays in supporting the patient.
We are looking for people who have had at least one or more years of experience within the hospital either as a patient themselves or with a loved-one. Prospective members must be committed to building partnerships with hospital staff to better understand and address the challenges and opportunities at the hospital. The PFAC volunteer role is essential for this work.
Volunteers meet one evening per month to:
Each Advisory Committee Member is expected to attend the meeting held on the second Wednesday of each month from 5 to 7 p.m. and dinner is served. Meetings occur September through June. There are also projects and committees that require an additional time commitment. Projects vary in time commitment and participation in these meetings is voluntary. There is always an interesting opportunity to contribute to.
Please contact us to learn more about this opportunity.
24 HOSPITAL AVE, DANBURY, CT 06810, US
Our mission is to improve the health of every person we serve through the efficient delivery of excellent, innovative and compassionate care. Danbury Hospital, part of the Western Connecticut Health Network, will be the preferred partner in health and provider of care for the communities we serve and will be among the most respected community healthcare systems in the nation.
At Danbury Hospital we are committed to providing you and your family with personalized care without compromise. For more than 130 years, we have been caring for residents throughout the Greater Danbury area.
Our patients are people first - we know them from school, places of worship and the community. That’s the benefit of care from our warm, inviting community hospital as opposed to a large, unfamiliar medical center.
* Excellence - We deliver the highest quality of care and service and surpass established standards through a continuous focus on improvement, innovation and education.
* Integrity - We approach our work with the highest standards of openness, honesty and ethical behavior, with freedom from any inappropriate influence or motive.
* Compassion - We serve others with empathy and a desire to alleviate their suffering while honoring each individual’s dignity and privacy.
* Teamwork - We work together in a cooperative, coordinated and supportive environment that places the team’s or organization’s goals ahead of individual goals.
* Fiscal Responsibility - We achieve our mission through efficient and effective use of our resources and personal accountability for ensuring financial integrity and performance.
We'll work with your schedule.
24 Hospital Avenue6 SouthDanbury, CT 06810
August 15, 2019