Position Title: Marketing Intern
Time Commitment: This opportunity will be ongoing for about six months, and will include ten to fifteen hours over two to three days of work per week.
Service location: 65 Mitchell Blvd. Suite 101 San Rafael, CA 94903
Position description and goals: The intern will assist with further implementation of CVNL’s communications and marketing strategy. They will update our contact lists and verify all information: reach out to local media outlets who may be interested in what CVNL does; support efforts to build CVNL’s online and digital presence via social media, flyers/brochures, etc. The goal is to educate the community about CVNL’s services and impact on nonprofits and volunteers.
- Check with media outlets to ensure we have their correct contact information an media format preferences.
- Maintain open lines of communication with key media contacts to inform them about CVNL updates and news.
- Proofread and possibly edit materials that will be released to the media, online, or through social media.
- Conduct online research to verify the integrity of all links that will be embedded into CVNL’s website, ensuring that they are up to date and functioning
- Assist with optimizing each page on cvnl.org for search engine purposes.
Required skills/qualifications: This entry level position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as some editing experience. Applicants must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, well-practiced in internet research, and comfortable speaking on the phone. Experience with SEO and WordPress is a bonus.
Desired skills/qualifications: College students seeking a degree in either Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related field are preferred.
Position Benefits: By volunteering their time, our intern will be able to help advance the missions of organizations throughout the Bay Area while gaining valuable marketing and public relations experience. They will have exposure to the operations of a nonprofit entity and get the opportunity to gain college credits for their work or fulfill any required community service hours that they may have. They may also have the chance to attend professional development workshops free of charge.
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours a week