At ChickTech, we believe every girl and woman has the right to fulfill their true potential. Through a variety of confidence and skill building experiences, we uplift and empower girls and women through the lens of technology. In the end, our goal is to get and keep girls and women in high tech and show them they are capable of doing - and being - anything they desire. Through service across the country, community members are joining us to bring these experiences to the girls and women who need them the most.
Do you want to inspire high school girls to gain an interest in the tech industry? Do you love to plan an event and get into the nitty gritty details? If yes, then consider joining the OC Chick Tech High School Program team!
We are seeking a Community Engagement Manager to help establish ChickTech-OC within the high school areas and education industries in Orange County. This volunteer role would be responsible for reaching out to educators at local schools and other youth organizations to spread the word about the High School Girls' Conference on March 3rd and 4th at Listo America (Tustin, CA) and help them through the process of nominating students to the program.
The benefits: an opportunity to have a leadership experience to put on your resume. Opportunities to network directly with ChickTech volunteers and staff across the US. Networking opportunities at a local level with a wide diversity of tech companies and other organizations. Having a direct impact on the ability of the local ChickTech chapter to be able to enact its mission. Having a positive, direct impact in the lives of girls and women.
- Establishing and maintaining public relationships with local schools and other youth organizations through recruitment such as in-person meetings at events, direct mailing, and other networking methods
- Communicating the resources and information needed to those schools and organizations to begin and complete the nomination process
- Compile acceptance packets to send to the locations where we have accepted students from
- Work with the communications team to let high school students learn more about ChickTech-OC's opportunities.
- Create, distribute, and collect pre- and post-event surveys or polls for the students to gauge their interests, and ensure that this information is entered into our database.
- Work with the High School Program team to develop plans to increase engagement
- Great skills with communication and documentation (e.g., word, excel, etc.)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good strategic and tactical thinking that is collaborative and can move others to action by planning, motivating, and organizing tasks to others
- Must be available on March 3rd and the 4th for the conference
- Willing to go through a background check
- Prior experience with recruitment and marketing or participant engagement skills
- Preferably working in the education field
- Prior experience with event planning
Please note: we do not discriminate against gender or LBGQT so feel free to apply!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Strategic Planning
- Relationship Building
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3-8 hours/week for now until conference
- Conference Volunteers - Orange...
- Finance Director - Seattle
- High School Communications...
- High School Workshop Lead...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- Girls Who Code Technical Volunteer
- Operations Director: ChickTech...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- High School Program Director -...
- ChickTech Boston - Chapter Lead
- Fundraising and Partnerships...
- Fundraising Event Chair - Orange...
- Workshop Leader - Corvallis,...
- Fundraising Director
- Social Media Specialist -...
- High School Workshop Manager -...
- Event Logistics Manager
- Fundraising Manager - Corvallis,...
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Chicago Chapter Lead -...