High School Community Engagement Manager - Orange County
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Do you want to inspire high school girls to gain an interest in the tech industry? Do you love to plan an event and get into the nitty gritty details? If yes, then consider joining the OC Chick Tech High School Program team!
We are seeking a High School Community Engagement Manager to help establish ChickTech-OC within the high school areas and education industries in Orange County. This volunteer role would be responsible for reaching out to educators at local schools and other youth organizations to spread the word about the High School Girls' Conference and help them through the process of nominating students to the program.
The benefits: an opportunity to have a leadership experience to put on your resume. Opportunities to network directly with ChickTech volunteers and staff across the US. Networking opportunities at a local level with a wide diversity of tech companies and other organizations. Having a direct impact on the ability of the local ChickTech chapter to be able to enact its mission. Having a positive, direct impact in the lives of girls and women.
- Establishing and maintaining public relationships with local schools and other youth organizations through recruitment
- Communicating the resources and information needed to those schools and organizations to begin and complete the nomination process
- Compile acceptance packets to send to the locations where we have accepted students from
- Work with the communications team to let high school students learn more about ChickTech-OC's opportunities.
- Create, distribute, and collect pre- and post-event surveys or polls for the students to gauge their interests, and ensure that this information is entered into our database.
- Work with the High School Program team to develop plans to increase engagement
- Assist in fundraising efforts (no experience required)
- Great skills with communication and documentation (e.g., word, excel, etc.)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good strategic and tactical thinking that is collaborative and can move others to action by planning, motivating, and organizing tasks to others
- Willing to go through a background check
- Prior experience with recruitment and marketing or participant engagement skills
- Preferably working in the education field
- Prior experience with event planning
Please note: we do not discriminate against gender or LBGQT so feel free to apply!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
Orange CountyIrvine, CA 92618
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Strategic Planning
- Relationship Building
- Market Research / Analysis
- Background Check
- 3-5 hours/week for now until conference