High School Community Engagement Manager - Orange County
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
At ChickTech, we believe every girl and woman has the right to fulfill their true potential. Through a variety of confidence and skill building experiences, we uplift and empower girls and women through the lens of technology. In the end, our goal is to get and keep girls and women in high tech and show them they are capable of doing - and being - anything they desire. Through service across the country, community members are joining us to bring these experiences to the girls and women who need them the most.
Do you want to inspire high school girls to gain an interest in the tech industry? Are you willing to talk to people? If yes, then consider joining the ChickTech OC High School Program team!
We are seeking a Community Engagement Manager to help establish ChickTech OC within the high school areas and education industries in Orange County. This volunteer role would be responsible for reaching out to into our community to spread the word about our High School Program and help our chapter meet our participation goals. This role requires someone who is creative and can think outside the box to ensure that we are serving those who need our services.
- Great communication and documentation skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Good strategic and tactical thinking that is collaborative and can move others to action by planning, motivating, and organizing tasks to others
- Background check
- An entrepreneurial and solution-oriented mindset
- The ability to understand "What’s in it for others"
- Strong work ethic, appreciation for work, and a demonstrated understanding that there is no work beneath anybody.
- Be willing to be ultimately accountable and get the job done, even if you have to do it yourself
- Media and Photo Release
- Be available 3-5 hours/week, possibly more depending on our progress towards our metrics and near our events.
- Demonstrated commitment and approach to Diversity and Inclusion and our value of being truly inclusive
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience with recruiting, marketing, or business development
- Experience working within the education field or with youth organizations
- Prior experience with event planning
This person is expected to be intentional about ensuring that we have participation levels that meet or exceed our goal of having 100 OC High School girls participate in our program. In addition, this role is responsible for helping us demonstrate our value and commitment to diversity and inclusion by recruiting and doing outreach in underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Develop an outreach plan for ensuring that our chapter meets its participation goals for our current fiscal year.
- Attend various community events and help us get the ChickTech name out there.
- Think outside the box and attend events and find opportunities to get our name out in the community, in particular, non-tech opportunities
- Establishing and maintaining public relationships with local schools, youth organizations, and the community at large through recruitment such as in-person meetings at events, direct mailing, and other networking methods
- Identify Public Relations opportunities for our chapter (e.g. Magazine features, speaking opportunities, tabling opportunities, featured charity)
- Assist with the long-term sustainability of the chapter by meeting a Chapter Development goal and demonstrate weekly progress towards the goal. Of our 3-5 hours/week commitment, 20% of that time is expected to focused towards meeting this goal.
What’s in It for You:
- An opportunity to lead a growing organization and change lives for Women and Girls in Orange County
- The ability to build and strengthen your leadership skills outside of a traditional work setting.
- Opportunities to network and build relationships in the OC Tech Industry
- Opportunities to network on a national level with leaders of our sister chapters across the globe
- Business growth and development experience
- Active volunteers attend our career events for free.
If you are interested, please complete the following:
- Fill out our Volunteer Application: https://airtable.com/shrmfeOTpwr0qfHk5
- Sign up for the next in-person Volunteer Orientation: https://www.meetup.com/ChickTech-Orange-County/
If you are looking to take on this role for the sole purpose of adding it to your resume or to find a job, don’t apply . We expect that the right person for this role will take the initiative to learn about us first (e.g. attend our events, be an active volunteer) and only after doing so, provide solution-oriented suggestions for growth and improvement.
As part of your onboarding process, you will be introduced to our chapter and expected to learn the ins and outs of not only our Chapter, but the OC Tech Community as well as our peer organizations. You will also be required to learn our Chapter Development process and make progress towards your Chapter Development Goal before becoming part of the leadership team.
We'll work with your schedule.
Orange CountyIrvine, CA 92618
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Relations
- Relationship Building
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- 3-5 hours/week